The Merry Beggars
The Merry Beggars (TMB) is the entertainment division of Relevant Radio, a Catholic radio network reaching 220 million people. We create exceptional entertainment that inspires families to seek virtue and adventure. Our shows have received over 1,000,000 downloads. And we’re just getting started.
The Production Manager is a full-time position that helps coordinate the production schedules and oversees the recording process so that The Merry Beggars can bring exceptionally beautiful entertainment to millions of families.
This role is for an extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, and mission aligned individual with exceptional communication skills. The Production Manager will oversee mission-critical projects and develop project roadmaps with creative and production teams, holding the team accountable to deadlines. Experience working in entertainment, media, or theater is preferred, along with experience in project management.
The people who consistently succeed at The Merry Beggars live and breathe our core values, listed below. If these values resonate with you and you answer ‘yes’ to the questions, you may be a fit for The Merry Beggars.
Culture Changing Catholic: We follow Jesus Christ and are on a mission to glorify God. We don’t accept the cultural status quo. We draw upon thousands of years of painting, sculpture, storytelling, and experience to inspire us and give us direction.
- Do you wholeheartedly agree with the Catholic Church’s moral teachings and deposit of faith? Do you seek God’s guidance in your life?
- ** Note: Contractors need not be Catholic or Christian, but will generally not succeed if they are anti-Catholic or anti-Christian.**
Professional Excellence: We delight in excellence, exceeding expectations in every area. We tend to the details no one will see. From developing scripts to welcoming actors to designing sound, we strive for perfection in all areas of our craft.
- Do you demand high standards of yourself? Are you driven by a desire for achievement and excellence? Are you dissatisfied until all the details in a project are exceptional?
Total Ownership: Our job isn’t done until the job is done. We hold ourselves responsible for all results, no matter the circumstances. We find a path or invent one. We never take an excuse.
- Do you follow up on projects until you achieve the results? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done instead of blaming others and making excuses? Do you own failures in order to maximize your own growth?
Continual Growth: We are driven to realize potential, professionally and personally. Opportunities are responsibilities entrusted to us for the good of others. We strive to have the greatest impact possible. We constantly seek growth. We are never done.
- Do you consistently seek out self-development, instead of waiting to be trained by others? Do you consistently challenge yourself and seek growth in your personal life?
Hungry: We work hard. We are passionate about our mission, care deeply about our people, and settle for nothing less than excellence. We are humble, entitled to nothing. We embrace challenge, leaving everything on the field.
- Are you self-motivated to accomplish ambitious projects? Have you overcome massive obstacles to achieve your goals? Do you make your own luck?
Open & Honest: We share openly and challenge directly, always seeking the greater good of the other person and our company. Truth builds trust, which builds teamwork, which builds passion and excitement, which fuels growth and excellence.
- Do you seek out constructive feedback - and offer it to others - to solve issues and build trust with coworkers?
- Develop and manage highly detailed production schedules involving executive, production, and script development staff
- Lead and manage actors, director, and dialect coach throughout production process, from casting to payment processing
- Schedule, coordinate, and run rehearsals and recording sessions for dozens of concurrent productions
- Manage recording process and studio environment; mark scripts during recording sessions
- Achieve production results within established budget
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in project management and media/entertainment/theater production
- Experience and comfort with software platforms (ClickUp, Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and mission-aligned
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Match TMB values (described above)
Timing, Location, Compensation
TMB is seeking to fill this position with the right candidate as soon as possible.
Because TMB records all of our shows in person at our recording studios in Lincolnshire, Illinois, the Production Manager is an in-person role.
This is a Full Time position with competitive full time pay and benefits, including a retirement match, generous PTO and health care.
Once you submit an application, you will be emailed instructions on completing a 40-60 minute job audition. This is an opportunity to explore what the role would entail and to demonstrate your skills.
Please fill out the below form, including your completed job audition.